Monday, April 26, 2010

Latest breaking news...



For those who may not know, which I'm pretty sure everyone does, Chris did take a job that he was offered in Utah and will be moving out this Friday or Saturday. He's going out ahead with all of our "junk" and doing his testing and starting work. The plan is for him to come back out in a week or two for me and the kids and then we will make our way back to Utah. We are excited that we will be living with Chris's grandma and grandpa Egan for a while while we get settled back into Utah life and the new job. It will be really nice for us to spend that time getting closer to Chris's grandparents, and giving the kids a chance to get to know them too! We have loved our time in Texas for the most part even if things did not necessarily turn out the way that we had hoped. The weather has been great, and it's been so wonderful to be near my family for these last 2 and a half years!! The kids have become really close to my family so it will be hard all around to make this change, but Chris and I have prayed a lot about our decision and feel that it is really the best thing for our little family right now! We've made a lot of really great friends here, which only makes it harder to say goodbye, but we love that we will have so many people to come see when we visit (which we hope is often) So, though it will not be an easy road to make this adjustment and it's definitely bittersweet, we are really excited!! :-)

0 comments:

Super Funny Kids Quotes!

New Quotes.:

I asked the kids if they wanted mommy to have another baby? They said yes so I asked Lilli if she would want a little brother, to which she replied, "We already have a little brother...it's over there."

Carson and I were playing Go Fish and as usual he beat me pretty bad ;), he quickly ran to tell daddy, "I cleaned the foor with mommy!"

I plan out the dinners for the month on a calander in the kitchen and Friday's are always pizza days. A few Friday's ago Carson was so excited ALL day for Pizza. He kept asking if it was time yet, I kept telling him it wasn't pizza time yet and finally when Chris got home from work Carson ran up to him and asked, "Daddy, NOW is it Pizza O'clock?" (translation, "is it Pizza time yet)

On the Fourth of July Chris and I took the kids to see the fireworks show and we were eager to see what Landon's reaction would be to them. As soon as they started, he got a little startled but it quickly turned to excitement and then he would point to them and say "POPCORN!"

We often drive by the new Cowboys stadium and Carson will ask about it we'll tell him it's where the Cowboys play football...the other day we went there to drop Chris and a few of my brothers off to watch a soccer game, and Carson asked about what they were going to watch, I said soccer this time not football. A week later at church when we were walking the halls Carson asks about the pictures of the Temples on the wall so we'll tell him they are Temples and explain about them and he turns to us and asks, "But what about the soccer Temple? Where's the picture of the soccer Temple?" (it's a BIG stadium and I guess to him it looked like it should be on the wall of Temples.)

We were going grocery shopping the other day, Carson asked where we were going and I told him to the food store. Right then we passed McDonalds and he asks me, "At McDonalds they sell food right?" I said yes and he asks, "If they sell food there, then it's a food store right?" I again say yes I suppose so, and he says, "Well if it's a food store, then maybe we should go there this time."

When we were in Utah Uncle Daniel would take the kids out on the trampoline every now and then. Once they were out there and Lilli was bothered that Carson was jummping and bouncing her all around so she tells him, Carson stop, you're making me bounce and Carson replied, "that's not my problem." (A little rude.)

We went to lunch one day to Paradise bakery and Chris and I got a bowl of creamy potato soup. We sat down started eating and the kids started inquiring about our soup. We said it was potato soup with cheese...Carson shoot up and said to Chris, "That sounds like my kind of soup!" (We were laughing hysterically!)