Monday, March 15, 2010

Pre-K



A few months ago I'm thinking it was in January we signed Carson up for pre-k at the rec center just to give him a little school experience before he started kindergarten in the fall. It was harder I think for me the first day than for him! He was a little shy, and shed a tear but he did really good!! I had to have Chris be the one to take him in...I just couldn't do it. :-( It's only 2 days a week for 4 hours, so nothing too major, but it's been really great for him. He's learned a lot, and gotten used to the idea of going to school. He had to stop going this month because with the move money got tight, but we're hoping to get him back in once we get to Utah until he starts kindergarten in Aug. He's really excited about school! He is my little learner...he LOVES school and loves to learn. He's a super smart little cookie! He's really excited about kindergarten and making new friends and he feels like such a big boy to have a back pack and to be going off to school while Landon and Lilli have to stay home...he tells them that when they are big like him they will be able to go to school too! :-) I just can't believe that my little baby is about to be 5 and about to go off to kindergarten!!! But I'm really excited for him and really glad that the new baby will be born around the time Carson starts school so that I will have a slight distraction. I'm actually due the weekend of that first week of school...not the best time so I'm hoping that she comes early...but two weeks early may be a little too much, we'll see.

0 comments:

Super Funny Kids Quotes!

New Quotes.:

I asked the kids if they wanted mommy to have another baby? They said yes so I asked Lilli if she would want a little brother, to which she replied, "We already have a little brother...it's over there."

Carson and I were playing Go Fish and as usual he beat me pretty bad ;), he quickly ran to tell daddy, "I cleaned the foor with mommy!"

I plan out the dinners for the month on a calander in the kitchen and Friday's are always pizza days. A few Friday's ago Carson was so excited ALL day for Pizza. He kept asking if it was time yet, I kept telling him it wasn't pizza time yet and finally when Chris got home from work Carson ran up to him and asked, "Daddy, NOW is it Pizza O'clock?" (translation, "is it Pizza time yet)

On the Fourth of July Chris and I took the kids to see the fireworks show and we were eager to see what Landon's reaction would be to them. As soon as they started, he got a little startled but it quickly turned to excitement and then he would point to them and say "POPCORN!"

We often drive by the new Cowboys stadium and Carson will ask about it we'll tell him it's where the Cowboys play football...the other day we went there to drop Chris and a few of my brothers off to watch a soccer game, and Carson asked about what they were going to watch, I said soccer this time not football. A week later at church when we were walking the halls Carson asks about the pictures of the Temples on the wall so we'll tell him they are Temples and explain about them and he turns to us and asks, "But what about the soccer Temple? Where's the picture of the soccer Temple?" (it's a BIG stadium and I guess to him it looked like it should be on the wall of Temples.)

We were going grocery shopping the other day, Carson asked where we were going and I told him to the food store. Right then we passed McDonalds and he asks me, "At McDonalds they sell food right?" I said yes and he asks, "If they sell food there, then it's a food store right?" I again say yes I suppose so, and he says, "Well if it's a food store, then maybe we should go there this time."

When we were in Utah Uncle Daniel would take the kids out on the trampoline every now and then. Once they were out there and Lilli was bothered that Carson was jummping and bouncing her all around so she tells him, Carson stop, you're making me bounce and Carson replied, "that's not my problem." (A little rude.)

We went to lunch one day to Paradise bakery and Chris and I got a bowl of creamy potato soup. We sat down started eating and the kids started inquiring about our soup. We said it was potato soup with cheese...Carson shoot up and said to Chris, "That sounds like my kind of soup!" (We were laughing hysterically!)